This month sees two sets of open day and online consultations in relation to
- Sea Link, which is intended to provide for the passage from Suffolk (Friston) to the Kent power distribution network, and
- EuroLink which will, as the name implies, allow passage of electricity both ways between Europe and England via the proposed Friston substation.
The consultations are to sound out the views of the public on the options being looked at for landfall /entry points on the coast and cable routes, to be contained in covered trenches, from landfall inland to the Friston substation.
The Alde and Ore Association will be checking all of these applications for any adverse impact on our estuary and its adjoining coastline.
The Sea Link open days are as follows:
- Thursday 10 November 1pm – 8pm Old Generator Station, King’s Field, Aldeburgh, IP15 5HY
- Friday 11 November 1pm – 8pm Friston Village Hall , Church Road, Friston, IP17 1PU
- Saturday 12 November 10am – 5pm Fromus Centre, The Saxmundham Hub, Street Farm, Saxmundham, IP17 1AL
The EuroLink open days are spread between 23 November to 1 December:
- Leiston – Wednesday 23 November 10am – 4pm Waterloo Centre, Waterloo Avenue, Leiston, IP16 4HE
- Saxmundham – Thursday 24 November 2pm – 8pm Saxmundham Market Hall, High St, Saxmundham IP17 1AF
- Aldeburgh – Friday 25 November 10am – 4pm St Peter and St Paul’s Church Hall, Victoria Road, Aldeburgh, IP15 5DU
- Reydon – Wednesday 30 November 10am – 4pm Stella Peskett Hall, Mights Rd, Southwold IP18 6BE
- Dunwich – Thursday 1 December 2pm – 8pm Dunwich Museum, James Street, Saxmundham IP17 3DT
Please click below for the consultation leaflets